Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'll see your Grade 4 and raise you some dumb grade 7's

Yep, this is how it progresses. For awhile, I was one step forward two back, then for a long time it was one forward one back, now, I may be on the verge of two forward one back....we'll see how it progresses.

Telephone call from my Rehab worker:

"Hello JOT, how is everything [assorted small talk goes here], I was wondering what your thoughts were now about return to work?"


"Well" says I, "Now that I know I'm going to be put on the Must Transfer List, I feel quite ready to wait until the Fall to go back"

"Oh? What do you mean you Know you will be Transfered?"

"SuperChin said she would put me on the list herself"

"Did you get that in writing?"

Oh Crap.

So-- here is where we stand. The most HRH (Harridan of Human Resources) is willing to move is MAYBE she wondered if PERHAPS I might be capable of doing learning assistance for grade 7 or 8? She also, apparently, interpreted SuperChin's directive as a Forced Transfer MIGHT be a POSSIBILITY if nothing else can be worked out.

HRH's need to exert power grows ever-more apparent. And why? She must have hated her teachers when she was in school and has now dedicated her life to Pay-Back.

Sometimes, I get annoyed still, but mostly I just find I'm sort of looking on the antics from a place of bemused mild interest. It's going to work out, or it's not. I enjoy relaying these tales, because once again, truth is stranger than fiction, but the wounds have healed.....slowly but steadily.

Que Sera Sera, as they say

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you haven't written in a while.

I hope your healing is continuing and that you are finding peace.

JustOneTeacher said...

Well, rather 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Thanks for your comments-- I don't know how much attention these stories receive, but it's nice to know someone is out there....thanks!

I haven't told anyone *here* about this blog-- I'm a bit hesitant to reveal that.....one day, though, probably (-:

Anonymous said...

I haven't told anyone *here* about this blog-- I'm a bit hesitant to reveal that

Understandable.

But do realize that there is someone who cares.

JustOneTeacher said...

Thank you. It means a lot-- even just to be heard. Thanks :)