Saturday, February 17, 2007

I can see Clearly Now the Fog is Thick

I decided in the end that I don't want to share my journey at the Shelter with the Internet. I am writing it, and I will share it individually with the people who witnessed and shared the time with me, but that's enough.

I awoke this morning after a restless and dream-filled night to a thick envelope of fog. How perfectly appropriate. A clear and brilliant sky, with rainbows and bunnies in the field and petals from early-spring flowers wafting past would really have been Over the Top, even for me. This has been a journey of weather-filled metaphors, and this fog, still so soft and still just outside my window, is enveloping me in softness-in gentle, calm ease. And as it clears, more will be revealed, but for now...Que Sera Sera.

I no longer feel like a victim, and I don't really care...ok, I don't care as much, about what is going on at H.El(l). I'm going to be Fine. And I'm going to take lots of time deciding on my next steps. In the meantime, I'm going to be well, and get weller... nope, I don't need no more schoolin'

JOT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being at peace is a treasure above all others.

Here's wishing you more and more of it.

JustOneTeacher said...

Thank you anon. My family is glad to have me back too. It's incredible to imagine the power I gave over to people like the 200 lb Chipmunk and the PHOD.

Thanks, anon.