Friday, November 17, 2006

Turbidity

There is a water-consumption advisory today. No drinking without boiling. And still the rains are coming. The clouds part for a minute--even saw the sun for a moment today--but a minute later, the clouds return and you are in the cold grey light once more.

The storm has passed, but I am now dealing with the turbidity.....I can't quite see through the glass of water--can't even hazard a guess as to whether it's half full or half empty. I'm in no fit state to decide. Letting go and walking away has come with a price--stress is leaving my body, but as it boils up and escapes, it's causing some problems--zoning out, forgetting details, impatience. But the important thing is I know it's leaving.

T. called me last night to see how I was. She made the point that even though the Prince told the staff not to contact me, if they were not also suffering from the poison, they would have called me. They would have asked C. if they could-- knowing as they do we are in almost daily contact.

I'm not as sad as I thought I would be. It reminds me that I am......done.

No comments: