Thursday, November 16, 2006

So this is the story.....

I'm still feeling pretty dazed....this is Day 15 off work. I realized I had hit the wall on October 27. I had 6 kids out of control out in the hall, I had a colleague tear my head off in the paper room, and I cried all through recess and my 40 minute prep block.


Oh hell....that can't be a good sign, I thought.

I made it to the end of the day, but I knew I wouldn't be back for awhile....in my heart, I knew there was a good chance I might not be back at all. How on earth had things gotten this bad?

I realized I was just like one of those women in an abusive marriage. I kept coming back every September, hiding my bruises and breaks. Of course, a wounded spirit is easier to hide than a black eye, and no one knows your very soul is being steadily and slowly smothered

No comments: