Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Minion

We had had our differences, but never had we not gotten along. Oh, but this year was different. It was gloves off time for me. As I was to become fond of saying, I was a real bitch that Fall--a bitch with a capital "C". I lashed out mainly at the Prince, but the Minion got a lot of my venom too. Not that it wasn't deserved. She had decided that he "wasn't so bad" and she defended him at every turn. She also spent an inordinate amount of time "filing" her special files in his office and chatting merrily away to him.

She got it full barrel from me when he told me she wouldn't take my class so that I could take the library. It wasn't that that made me so angry--as she found out--it was the fact that AGAIN someone was making secret deals behind everyone else's backs, and getting what they want. She, of course, never saw it, refused to believe that she was behaving in any way that was not altruistic. Then came the day she leveled her Minion Glare at me and said that she could not take any more of my anger and lashing out. That we had to work as a team. And she made sure I couldn't avoid the conversation by having it in the staffroom. In front of everyone. Bringing everyone into the melodrama, that of COURSE ended with a hugfest and minion pats-on-the back for being so brave.

And me......I got the empty satisfaction of saying what everyone already knew--I felt like something stuck to the bottom of a shoe.

Oh yeah, that was a great day. Topped only by the day I was told to go apologize to him. That was the day I left.

No comments: